The Sony DV/Canon DV debate

finalcutexpress at mac.com finalcutexpress at mac.com
Thu Jul 24 16:56:27 PDT 2003

Paul,

I have also been tied up on the Canon/Sony debate. I am tied between the
Canon ZR-60 and the Sony TRV-19. Both have pretty good quality. The big
thing is the price difference. The Canon is about $700.00 and the Sony
over $1000.00 (this is Canadian dollars we are talking). The Canon
out classes the Sony in many ways... msotly price and the fact it has analog
input. The Sony is overpriced with the lack of features. I like
Sony don't get me wrong (own a Sony Cybershot) but the Canon has a
better set of core features and better support Macs I think.

I cannot even get my Sony uSB CD-WR to work under Mac OS X. Sheee...

Chris