[MacDV] The Sony DV/Canon DV debate

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 24 17:18:44 PDT 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 06:56 PM, finalcutexpress at mac.com wrote:

> I have also been tied up on the Canon/Sony debate. I am tied between
> the Canon ZR-60 and the Sony TRV-19. Both have pretty good quality.

The main difference I've seen is the ergonomics. I have a TRV 240 I use
mostly as a digital bridge and the power button is *right* next to the
record button, and the photo button is right next to the zoom button. I
can't count the times I've turned the thing off attempting to start a
shot. The specifics vary a lot by model, but Sony in general seems to
follow the aesthetic that more controls is better - make the device
look as gnarly as possible.

SR