[MacDV] More on the debate

Geoff Allen geoff-a at moscow.com
Fri Jul 25 08:23:09 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 05:32  AM, finalcutexpress at mac.com wrote:

> You are probably right -- Canon has a better set of core features and
> they do not insult you like Sony by just ommitting them. What are
> people's thoughts on this?

When I bought, I got a Canon ZR 50 for the reasons you mention. The
Canon had features that mattered -- optical zoom, manual white balance,
etc. The Sonys seemed to be going more for "gee whiz" types of features
-- sepia tone (I can do it in post, if I really need to), megapixel
digital camera (umm... that's what a digital camera is for), etc.

Geoff