[MacDV] Re: New to list - suggestions invited, please!

MrWitch mrwitch at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 28 08:40:00 PDT 2003

I was going to start giving a certain person on this list a piece of my
mind, but as it is beneath me and insulting to the rest, I will keep my
mouth shut, for now.

Sorry, but I never said that I couldn't afford the Canopus. I just said
it was overpriced. This is based on relative pricing of what is
available for PC systems. I just can't see spending $300 on something
for a Mac that costs half the price for a PC, and the only difference is
drivers.

As for where I got my $30 per DVD-R, this is the current price per disc
at my local Circuit City, one of the cheapest places locally. Of course
I could find them cheaper online, but I rarely buy online due to the
problems (shipping costs, worrying if the stuff will even be sent, etc.).

I realise things change over two years. I'm not stupid. All I was trying
to say is that I have been considering this project for a long time and
have put a lot of thought and study into it. The only thing I am unsure
of is the Mac side of things, as like I said, I am new to Macs.

As for your little crack about not having money...  well, excuse me if
some of us are less fortunate than you are. Since you seem so well off,
why don't you give away your excess cash?

I won't even discuss your suggestion of the camera...