[MacDV] Re: New to list - suggestions invited, please!

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 28 17:43:01 PDT 2003

On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 06:35 PM, Kunga wrote:

> Why am I the only person on this list who's economic status is
> considered appropriate for discussion?

I don't know the answer to that, but its the kind of rude and
condescending behavior I've come to expect from certain posters.

> It is not unethical to buy something and decide that you don't like it
> and return it without defect nor damage. It is some stores' policy.

The key here (even though they say *any* reason) is that they're
assuming you are at least *capable* of buying it. If you were to tell
them "Hey, I'm taking the camera, but I can't afford to buy it" and
they still want you to take it, then you have a legitimate deal. Some
merchants might actually do this - like a car salesman, for example.
They want to get the item in your hand, figuring that the experience
will outweigh your better judgment. The opposite end of the spectrum
would be one-shot items, like a prom dress. Once you buy that puppy,
its yours no matter what. The camera is probably somewhere in the
middle.

> Is there anybody on this list that would care to agree with me for a
> change?

I can do one of each.

SR