[MacDV] Re: New to list - suggestions invited, please!

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Jul 28 18:37:42 PDT 2003

Kunga wrote:

> On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 12:17  PM, Illovox Media wrote:
>
>> Kunga hilariously always seems to announce acquisitions of new toys
>> just as they come available.
>

> And what new toys would that be? Can you be specific? Always? This
> sentence is blatantly false. My most recent acquisition was a
> refurbished (not new) dual 867 MDD in late April bought with a Visa
> Card. Hardly a new toy since it first came to market a year ago and
> mine came refurbished. I have no money. But I have excellent credit. I
> believe in debt. Others here don't.
>
> Why am I the only person on this list who's economic status is
> considered appropriate for discussion?

I'm not sure. It is a good question. Personaly I don't know how or why
you kep up with the NEWS so well. Once they go a generation or two
beyond my machine I get
compulsive buyers frustratuion and I believe in debt too which is why I
am still payinfg for my single 867.

> Erica,
>
> When did everybody on this list get so holier than thou and
> judgmental? You guys are all so perfect and I am all so
> defective/evil/corrupt/unethical/bad/creepy because I tell a guy a
> legal way to get gear he can't afford for temporary use. Just because
> I give that suggestion does not make me an unethical person.
>
> I am sick and tired of you perfect few attacking anyone who writes
> something you think is outside your confined opinion of what is right
> and wrong. The guy I am trying to help wants to attack me. This is
> insane Bizarro world on this list sometimes. Why do persons get
> attacked for suggestions on this list?
>
> Is there anybody on this list that would care to agree with me for a
> change?
>
> kunga10 (AIM)
> kunga47 (Yahoo Messenger with Cross-Platform dial-up Video sans audio)

I agree with you. If someome is broke what you suggest might be a
legitemate last resort. But don't go by me I like file sharing too.
Jim