Using Commercial Music in a Video

Lisa Kirsch flygirl at flygirlonline.com
Tue Jul 29 22:54:20 PDT 2003

Hi everyone, I'm new to the list so I apologize if this has been
discussed before...
I'm planning on starting a small business early next year and I hope to
offer photo montage videos and other similar services. I've been doing
some occasional research for what I need to do, but one question
remains: can I use commercial music? I'm pretty sure I've figured out
that I can't take a song that I have (unless it's royalty-free) and use
it with the video, but other sites seem to suggest that it's okay to
use commercial music from the customer's CD. Is this correct? If so, is
it because they own the song and I'm just essentially giving it back to
them with the video? Thanks a ton in advance for any help.
--Lisa Kirsch