[MacDV] Time lapse?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Jul 31 21:30:36 PDT 2003

Time lapse is built into high end Prosumer DV camcorders. You set the
interval and the recording time and let 'er rip. No problem. I've been
doing time lapse with Sony VX-1000 for years. It's also in the DVR-900
and 950. Takes only a minutes to set up and go. Use it to shoot road
trips. Have coast to coast time lapse recordings of the interstate
highways.

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 11:41  PM, David Cole wrote:

> Anyone have an idea how to do time lapse video using a mini-DV camera?
> I believe the device is called an intervalometer for film cameras that
> you can set to take an exposure every so many seconds. But with the
> consumer camcorder? Or do I shoot bursts of video with a stopwatch and
> then pull out frames in editing?
>
> Obviously a sturdy tripod is in order... but what about the rest of it?

kunga10 (AIM)
kunga47 (Yahoo Messenger with Cross-Platform dial-up Video sans audio
on Macs)