OT: must see TV!

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Mon Jun 2 11:57:11 PDT 2003

For those who missed the post, a trailer for the 30 minute original
(made by 2 artists) can be seen here:
<http://www.tcfilm.ch/lauf_txt_d.htm>

The video (The Way Things Go) is available at Amazon:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6304551630/qid%3D1054579289/
sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-2077890-6848046>

The Honda commercial is here:
< http://home.attbi.com/~bernhard36/hhonda-ad-300k.swf>

Do you believe it took 606 takes, three months and six million dollars?
You might not if you have seen the original. And why would they have to
disassemble 2 of only 6 handmade Honda Accords when they could get the
stuff from the parts department? I think it's hype :-)

Rick
P.S. the wheels roll up with the help of weights in the tires

> Because they marked everything up... and had 50 people and shot on 35mm
> and rented a really nice loft and they stayed at the W hotel, and ate
> Filet Mignon twice a day...
> Instead of two artists, living off the tail end of a grant and a
> dishwashing job in a cold water flat in the bad part of town...
> shooting on video and using their brains.
>
> On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 12:19 AM, Video International wrote:
>> , and I can't understand how this commercial cost $6 million!
>>
>>> http://home.attbi.com/~bernhard36/hhonda-ad-300k.swf

>>> *****New Honda Commercial in the U.K.*****
>>>
>>> There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in this film.
>>> Everything
>>> you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it.   It took
>>> 606 takes
>>> to make this film! On the first 605 takes, something, usually very
>>> minor,
>>> didn't work.  They would then have to set the whole thing up again.
>>> The crew spent
>>> weeks shooting day and night.
>>>
>>> The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete,
>>> including a full engineering  sequence.  In addition, it's two
>>> minutes long so every
>>> time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out
>>> enough
>>> money to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime.  However, it is
>>> fast
>>> becoming the most down loaded advertisement in Internet history.
>>>
>>> Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in
>>> "free"
>>> viewings (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this