[MacDV] Re: [Off-topic] What is the learning curve for Commotion Pro and Lightwave?

Jim Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Jun 3 18:47:48 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 09:32  PM, Matthew Guemple wrote:

> So do you use Lightwave for the actual animation? Or just for an
> environment and camera control to nest externally generated animations
> in?

No, I model objects and animate them and light them in lightWave.
It is really good for projecting video on things but with FCP we don't
need it for that mush anymore. I rea;y love character animation but "a
man has to know his own limitations" . I am good at the keyframe
animation and light effects. Modeling and exactitude are somewhat
harder.  Mostly I can just do neato flying logos with light effects,
planet flybys and space stuff.
Jim