[MacDV] Re: Thanks from the guy with the DV camcorder without firewire

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 03:45:47 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 07:36 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> A USB port of that era would not be capable of transferring the data
> at the required rate for the  DV stream so there has to be a firewire
> connection (or some other connection capable of the high data rate) or
> we have an analog camera here.

Well, I've worked with a MiniDV camera that didn't have a Firewire port
(not mine though). To get it into the computer, you'd have to take out
the tape and use it in another camera or video deck. Trust me, the
beasts exist.

Daniel
Daniel Beck
danielbeck at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/danielbeck/

Tadayoshi Video Productions---Video solutions in Tokyo
dbeck at tvp.jp.com
http://tvp.jp.com