iTunes 4.0.1 Has Been Cracked

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Thu Jun 5 09:12:30 PDT 2003

Thanks for your post Kunga. It's actually off-topic but since many are
replying...

I hadn't upgraded to 4.0.1 but I think a lot of people were
disappointed that they unknowingly lost the sharing feature with the
iTunes update, and are glad that they can get it back. I think some
people here do not understand that it's about streaming. Yes, it's
possible to hack it and download, but if you want to download, it would
be a lot easier via other channels. I use the music sharing feature
sometimes. It's a great way to get introduced to new stuff. I don't
think it has an adverse effect upon the industry, not any more than
radio. But unlike radio, you get to sample music from bands that aren't
the homogenized darlings of the industry.

I personally would like to see the current music industry crumble, and
see artists selling directly via the internet (as some artists already
do). The industry has overcharged for music for ages. Read just about
any music biography and there will be tales of the industry ripping the
artist off. I've been involved in music for decades in various
capacities, from fan to retailer to pro musician. I have friends who
are pro, some famous, and we all agree the industry sucks. I recently
met up with some who were touring here in Japan, and they even don't
mind their mp3s being available for "illegal" download. They said they
get more fans and make it up in concert revenue. They get a very little
percentage from sales anyway. Death to the monolith multi-billion
dollar industry that sits it's fat ass between the musicians and the
fans, I say!

Sorry for contributing to an off topic post folks - I just hadda.

Rick