DV port on camcorder found

Gary Fujihara fujihara at subaru.naoj.org
Sun Jun 8 15:09:55 PDT 2003

Aloha everyone,

   Okay, I thank everyone.  I down off the mountain and back on *earth*, and
have checked my camcorder.  It does have a USB port, and a proprietary port
labeled "DV".  It looks nothing like a 4 or 6 pin FW port, but some dinky
looking connector (Sony ilink?).  So I will look for that cable from the
nearest Shark...er, I mean Sharp dealer, unless someone can verify that this
is indeed a Sony ilink connector (which looks different than the 6 or 4 pin
FW connector I am familiar with).

   Here is a picture of the connector:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p312b8dbc6dc242f3b44c559ba7edd8c
c/fbf94797.jpg

   Better news: a buddy of mine at the University of Hawaii Media Center has
loaned me a Sony DV/mini-DV deck to use.  It has the same connector as my
camcorder (with a logo on it that I guess is Sony's ilink logo)...

Best Regards
Gary Fujihara
--
Subaru Telescope - NAOJ