[MacDV] Re: AAC

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jun 8 20:46:30 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 08:29  PM, Marcelus G. Zalotti wrote:
> Well, I would like to know about three things:
> 01. Is there a way to make AAC music files under Mac OS 9.1?

Not that I know of. iTunes 4 for OS X is the only encoder-software
player I know of so far. Time to move up to OS X?

> 02. Is there a player or other way to listen them under Mac OS 9.1?

Ditto. All new iPods also play them out of the box and all old iPods
play AAC with the 1.3 updater applied to them.

> 03. Does Roxio Toast supports Audio CD recording directly from AAC
> Files, as the same way as MP3s?

Not yet. I assume they will in a future update. But they haven't said
if nor when they will to date. Of course there's a work around. You
convert the AAC files to AIFF files and then drag those to Toast for
the CD player compatible burn.

I'll call them tomorrow and report back if they tell me.

Kunga

<http://www.ipod-zone.com>
<http://www.cube-zone.com>
<http://www.apple-zone.com>