Emptying Trash/Download

Karl Seilo kseilo at ameritech.net
Wed Jun 11 06:14:33 PDT 2003

I started downloading the new iMovie 3.0.3 app two days ago onto my new
iBook via my dial-up account.  However, after realizing how large the
file was I decided to abort the download until another time when I
could afford to download it with my DSL modem at home.  I  clicked on
the Download Manager window -- highlighted the download and hit the
delete key -- got  the "are you sure" message -- clicked yes.  Now I
can't throw away the .asp file remnant that sits on my desktop.  I've
changed ownership to my name in the get info. 'permissions' window and
even tried re-naming the file with .xls, doc.  and .pdf but I can't get
it to 'trash'.  Whenever I try moving it to the trash I get a warning
window that reads:
------
  "The item 'xxxx.asp' is being used by another task right now.
(Other tasks including moving, copying, or emptying the Trash.)

Try again when the other task is complete.
-------
I've tried re-booting and it doesn't help either.  Can anyone offer
help, please?

Karl