Final Cut Pro 4 a day early...

Richard Brown richard at go2rba.com
Fri Jun 13 21:55:28 PDT 2003

Just picked up my copy of the FVP4 upgrade this afternoon in L.A.
While the Macintosh store starts selling it at 4 p.m. tomorrow, there
are at least 80 copies already in the hands of some earlier adopters
through other sales venues, but I will withhold their name in case this
is somehow contrary to Apple's wishes.

The hassle, of course is finding the upgrade wants more disk space than
I had available, so, now, we're adding a lot more HD space to the
editing station. Well over half a terrabyte, and still not enough...
The hassle of too many ongoing edits.

Well the backups and upgrades will be done tonight. Will report
tomorrow on our  "first impressions."  First thing, this upgrade is
HEAVY, lots of manuals and a DVD with immense amounts of things to
install. Basically, I believe buying new and buying by upgrade is the
same experience. It's a brave (all) new world.

Richard Brown