[MacDV] Re: FCP 3 Academic

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jun 18 03:30:41 PDT 2003

If you already have academic 3 you bought before April 6, the academic
upgrade price is $399. I bought an academic 3 for $299 at the college
bookstore at San Louis Obispo Cal Poly Tech Monday and the upgrade
price was $50. April 6 to June 20 is the window to get the upgrade this
cheap way and own both versions. You still have thru Friday evening 7PM
eastern time to find an academic copy of FCP 3 for $299, buy it, and
fax the upgrade form along with your receipt and $50 credit card info
to get FCP 4 Upgrade this cheaper way. I called 22 stores before I
scored my copy. But I still had another 34 to call if that hadn't
worked. Total 56 in the region including Reno Nevada, Eugene Oregon and
Cedar City Utah as far as 500 miles away. I was lucky to find a copy
only 160 miles away. But I would have driven the 500 miles each way if
necessary. My car gets 35 MPG so it still would have only cost me $60
in gas.

Cal Poly had quite a few copies left for those in California. Their
number is 805.756.5311. For you Matt in New York City, use Apple's
Academic Dealer search engine to find all the bookstores in New York
State, Connecticut and New Jersey to find a copy that is bound to still
be sitting on one of those store's shelves somewhere. You just have to
have the time to devote full time to the search and driving to go buy
it.

<http://applefn.infonow.net/bin/findNow?CLIENT_ID=APPLE_WTB_USA>

Enter an address without the zip code, check Higher Education and leave
it on general business. Press FIND and you will get a listing of all
the college bookstores that sell Apple Software for the entire region
according to distance from home.

"iPod Car Stereo AUX-In Accessory Beats FM Transmitters Hands Down"
<http://www.ipod-zone.com>
"iChatStatus Adds iTunes Song Playing To Your Buddy ID "
<http://www.osx-zone.com>
"T-Minus 1 Week And Counting" <http://www.apple-zone.com>