FCP 3, 4 academic

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Wed Jun 18 10:34:22 PDT 2003

> When Apple announced FCP 4 at NAB, they immediately stopped selling
> FCP  3 at their online Educational Store. You could only pre-order
> the $399  Upgrade or $499 Full Academic FCP 4 from the moment of
> the press  conference forward.

There is another wrinkle in the academic purchase question.  Apple
Academic has at least two prices lists, one for personal purchase,
and one for institutional buying.  I am guessing that most people on
this list are buying for themselves, so the pricing discussed above
matches what I have seen.  For anyone buying for their school, FCP 4
academic (but full version, not an upgrade) is $299, as of 6/18/03.
This price has been stable for at least three weeks.

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center, MSC03-2100
Ortega Hall Rm 129, 1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: derek at unm.edu