FCP/FCE/iMovie Bugs?

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 22 05:10:32 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 12:04  AM, Kunga wrote:

> I also just experienced a total FCP 3 lockup. Log and Capture window
> still displaying input stream. But nothing is working. All windows
> frozen in their places and can't even force quit. Will have to make a
> hard turn off to get out of this.

I just started using FCE and experienced exactly this same problem.
Even after unplugging and re-starting, the screen appeared to still be
frozen in the Finder. I finally noticed that my USB adapter (which
extends my keyboard and mouse cords) was not lit. I assumed I had
accidentally loosened a connection. I wonder if it's possible for
FCE/FCP to disable USB as part of a crash?

I was forced to start using FCE a little earlier than I had planned
because I never solved the "paste over at playhead" problem with
iMovie. After updating to 3.0.3, "paste over at playhead" just stopped
working on my iMac 800MHz machine. I upped the RAM to 768MB. but it
didn't make any difference. Curiously, paste over won't work with any
of my clips, but I can move to a black screen in a title, for instance,
and paste over works fine. Anybody else have a similar problem?

Steve R.