17" Apple Display goes Pittsburg Steeler

Gary Dalzell gdalzell at cox.net
Mon Jun 23 17:57:03 PDT 2003

Yesterday, I lost power to my AGP G4 & the Apple Display running 10.2.6. On
restart, the display converted to Black background, light foreground
Display. For example, the start up is a dark grey background, white apple
logo; the MacOS screen is black with a cool gold text and scroll bar. (As an
aside, the logos in the dock are spectacular colors as are icons on the
sickly yellow desktop (aqua). All the text applications are white on black.
The photos are reversed.

I got a tip to change Universal access from white to black which produced a
black and white display; then changed the display from 256 colors to
millions and the display returns to normal (except) the pointer which is
white).

On restart, the default startup is universal access black on white. I can
fix this, but I think this is not the way to go.

Can I change a preference(s) to get the display back to normal? Some other
solution?

Tia,

Gary Dalzell