G5

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Wed Jun 25 06:26:21 PDT 2003

I read an article yesterday linked from MacNN about the G5 being not
that fast. According to the article (written by a Mac user), the
VeriTest used by Apple to compare speeds was manipulated a bit to
Apple's favor. Despite this, Apple still didn't win out in everything.
The PC contender was a dual, I can't remember... Xelon (?) made by
Dell, which is a $1000 cheaper than the dual G5. It was an interesting
article but I'm unable to find it again to include the link. Many Mac
devotees were outraged and posted angry comments, but the article
refuted each one. Anyone else see this and maybe have the link?

The VeriTest that the article was based on is here:
<http://www.veritest.com/clients/reports/apple/default.asp?visitor=X>

Rick