[MacDV] Re: Mac OS X Panther

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Thu Jun 26 04:58:34 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 03:09  AM, Charles Martin wrote:

> Had you not cut out the context, I was **quoting** the G5 product
> manager at APPLE.
>
> It's not speculation like what Kunga does. It's FACT. As in DIRECT
> QUOTE.

I don't believe that an unattributed quote can pass the definition of a
direct quote  "somebody, somewhere, sometime, someplace ".  To quote
you have to identify who you are quoting so the reader can judge
whether this is a source whose opinion is legitimate or gossip.

In Kunga's case  websites were quoted so the reader was able to judge
the believability of the source  for themselves for all I knew you were
quoting the National Enquirer.

I am not interested in getting into an argument, just wanted to point
out the hypocrisy in being critical of one poster and then being guilty
of the same sin over a six week period.

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net