[MacDV] Video in iChat

erica erica at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 27 08:42:21 PDT 2003

>I'm posting this here since it does relate to DV cameras. :-)
>
>I attempted to hook my GL2 DV camera into iChat AV and do a test video chat
>with my family (in the adjoining room!).  We could not get the video part to
>work unless BOTH parties had a DV camera connected.

It doesn't have to be a DV camera--it just has to be some sort
of video digitizer input. (Anyone who's chatted with me might
notice that my "video" is actually TV).

What you want to do is investigate QuickTime Streaming Server
and QuickTime Broadcaster (free, from Apple). They'll let
you do a video broadcast at the same time you do an audio-to-audio
chat.

And do submit a feature request to Apple!

-- Erica