[MacDV] Re: The new G5's

Gary Fujihara fujihara at subaru.naoj.org
Fri Jun 27 09:58:58 PDT 2003

> It's not as fast as my G4, but it's not slow. Is there
> really that much difference between 300MHz and 400MHz?

I suppose it is in a frame of reference.  I have a 667 PBG4 that allows me
some semblance of productivity, whereas with my PBG3 300 and B/W G3 300, I'm
lookin' at spinning beachballs all the time.  OSX came off those machines
quicker than...

Kunga, thanks for the info on the G5.  BTW, I'm also getting the Logitech
z-680 THX system.  Should be awesome, and be arriving in the mail soon.

Best Regards
Gary Fujihara
--
Subaru Telescope - NAOJ