The New G5's

William Hofius wjh at mac.com
Fri Jun 27 12:33:58 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 11:59  AM, Macintosh Digital Video List
wrote:

> What? I run Jaguar on my Powerbook G3 Pismo and it runs at a decent
> speed. I
> guess
> you could say it jogs. :-) It's not as fast as my G4, but it's not
> slow. Is
> there
> really that much difference between 300MHz and 400MHz?

A 300MHz PowerBook would be a Wall Street model. This would come with
less than 1MB of cache on the processor and a 67MHz system bus speed.
The video card would probably have 4MB or less of VRAM. Your Pismo, on
the other hand has a full 1MB of L2 cache, a 100MHz system bus speed,
and a more powerful video card with 8MB of VRAM. OS X is going to be
much slower on that 300MHz Wall Street.