FCP 1 or 2

sb videovideo at mac.com
Mon Mar 3 20:27:27 PST 2003

The Apple person was not correct. You cannot install FCP 1 or 2 in Classic.

There are two workarounds, both require access to a machine or drive that
already has FCP on it.

One is to use the firewire target disk mode, the other is to use an external
firewire drive that has a valid OS9 (Classic) with FCP on it.

For the latter, you boot into OSX on your new machine, then under system
prefs, launch the Classic that's on the Firewire drive. (which has the
serialized FCP on it) Now you can insert your FCP3 upgrade install CD and
install the OSX version on your new computer's hard drive.

Or, wait for the replacement install CD.

sb