DVD Import?

Robert Schoenburg rschoenburg at schoenburg.com
Sun Mar 9 13:00:22 PST 2003

I have a lot of Beta, 8mm and VHS tapes that need to wind up as DVDs using
iMovie and or FCE with iDVD.

If I were to transfer the raw video to DVDs using a DVD recorder, I assume
that there is no direct way to import the DVDs into iMovie or FCE unless I
connect a DVD player through a A to D bridge such as Canopus to capture the
video.

I also assume that the quality of the video would degrade by doing this.
Yes, I know I could just capture the original tapes one at a time and make a
project. But the method above would at least preserve the originals on DVDs.

Comments anyone?