[MacDV] DVD Import?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Sun Mar 9 14:50:27 PST 2003

I have  JVC dual miniDV & S-VHS Video Deck with Firewire. It has
additional RCA analogue & S-Video inputs for attaching external
decks/camera's. I have imported directly into iMovie, FCE & FCP from
the VHS analogue side or through the inputs directly into those
programs. You don't have to copy to the miniDV side first, you
transfer directly from the analogue side by capturing directly. It
has to capture in real time into iMovie, FCE or FCP but once in you
export to Quicktime to burn your respective DVD. Your comments about
100 hours won't matter 'cause you can only burn one DVD at a time.
Once it has burned/archived on DVD, reformat the capture HD or
partion and do another. So you only need enough HD space for one DVD.
The good news, since you have now imported it into an editing
program, you will be able to cull that 100 hours down... down...
down... to only the best and truly worth while. I am assuming that it
didn't get edited before this.

Hope this helps.

Rod