[MacDV] Re: OS X 10.2.4

Tom Seid t.seid at attbi.com
Mon Mar 10 07:23:50 PST 2003

> Internet banking and Toast and not related. For the internet banking,
> if you can get a description of the problem (browser used etc) from
> your friend and relay it here, perhaps we can help.
>
> I use Toast (Titanium 5.2) on 10.2.4 without incident. I also have no
> trouble at all with Mail.
>
> I think the secret is to have a healthy system (Disk Utility) before
> the install of 10.2.4, and to run "Repair Permissions" from Disk
> Utility right afterwards, then a restart. Seems to have kept me from
> having any unusual issues with my copy.
>
> _Chas_
Just out of curiosity, since upgrading, and running Disk Utility, have you
tried to download and install anything that is a package installer (not
through Software Update, but manually)...those ending in ".pkg"...when I
installed 10.2.4, I also installed the Security Update, then ran Disk
Utilities, clicking "Repair Permissions"...afterwards, I couldn't install
anything with "pkg"...i ended up having to reinstall the OS, (minus the
Security Update) and since haven't had any problems...

Tom