[MacDV] Re: MP3 Audio Extraction From MPEG Movie?

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Mon Mar 10 09:34:04 PST 2003

Kunga,
I am sorry I am a couple of days behind here. From what I understand
here is that you demuxed the original file then took the audio file and
had itunes convert it to MP3. Do you know if there is something
different about the audio file you had and the one that BBDemux creates?
I tried this same thing this past weekend but using BBDemux. All worked
well but iTunes would not convert the file. iTunes would play the fiel
but when I chose Convert to MP3 I got an error that iTunes did not
support the file type. Any suggestions? Maybe I need to go through the
AudioHijack step.

Eric

>>> Kunga at FutureMedia.org 03/08/03 02:19AM >>>
Thanks Steven,
Filipe over at the Mac Pro Audio list gave me the answer. I knew you
would want to know what it is. This is such an interesting set of
posts, I'm including the entire chronology. I am so excited I performed

my first Demux of an embedded MPEG1 Video and successfully extracted
the MPEG1 Layer 2 audio track and then used iTunes to convert it to a
96kbps MP3 file. And it was so damned easy. I didn't know what I was
doing and yet I did it !! UNIX programmers are amazing. Thank GOD for
Mac OS X and UNIX together at last.