[MacDV] Re: MP3 Audio Extraction From MPEG Movie?

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Mon Mar 10 10:05:32 PST 2003

I did not use BBDemux to demux the MPEG movie. I used "mpgtx GUI mpeg
editor" at version tracker but "mpgtxwrap" when you really get it to
accomplish the demux. That rendered an audio file that was indentified
in iTunes' get info window as a MPEG 1 Layer 2 file. iTunes
advanced—>convert file to MP3 command readily did the conversion.
However, the MP3 file is in the library at that point and you have to
do a search by song title to find it. Another get info proved the file
was converted to MPEG 1 Layer 3 (the definition of an MP3 file). Plus a
bit rate of 96kbps showed up where no bit rate was listed for the layer
2 version that "mpgtxwrap" yielded.

I guess you overlooked this original follow up email I posted. I don't
even know what BBDemux is and I never made a reference to it in any of
my posts. Where did you get the idea I used it? Here is the link to the
correct demuxing application.