iDVD & 3 movies

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Wed Mar 12 05:59:20 PST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:05:00 -0400, Joan Keenan <jkeenan at islands.vi> wrote:
>Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:05:00 -0400
>Subject: [MacDV] iDVD & 3 movies
>From: Joan Keenan <jkeenan at islands.vi>
>
>I'm ready to use iDVD for the first time, but want to include 3 movies,
>one of which I want to break into 6 chapters I have that one ready to
>burn, but how do I add the other movies. If I open them & go to export
>to dvd they open a new idvd screen. I tried going to export to dvd, but
>that says it is not necessary anymore & opens iDVD at a new screen!
>How can I get all the movies on one dvd....they are not long. I'm sure
>there is an easy way...but I can't find it.
>Thanks in advance for your expertise.
>
>Joan

First export the iMovie with chapters to iDVD.

Then open each of the other two iMovie projects and export them to
QuickTime files for iDVD (not directly to iDVD). Actually, I think
you can skip the export step and just use the .mov reference files
that iMovie 3 automatically creates in the movie project folders.

Then open your iDVD project and drag those two files to the
appropriate menu screen.

I recently created a similar DVD this way (one movie with chapters
and a second without on the same DVD). These are the steps I
followed, IIRC.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>