Question for Jim Heid

Craig Busch clbusch at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 12 11:53:16 PST 2003

Hi Jim,
In a way you are kind of a Macintosh icon.  Thanks for all of the articles and help you
have given to Mac users.
I do have a question for you, especially in light of your "Digital Hub" book and now so
to be released iLife book.
I have heard a lot of negative things about iLife.  I have heard that the only thing that
works right in it is iTunes.
I have hear that iMovie3 has some real issues.  I called Apple tech and they said it runs
fine there.  The guy said it runs on their machines all day long and all is well.  I was
at an Apple store and the iMovie3 demo was running bad on several machines.  The guy told
me that there is an issue with iMovie3.  Several days later a patch came out.
Jim, what is your honest review of the stableness and bugfreeness (new word) of iLife- in
particular iMovie3 and iDVD3?

I am looking forward to the release of your new book.

Thanks big time,
Craig