[MacDV] Re: Marbella Technologies

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Fri Mar 14 13:11:28 PST 2003

Please tell me no one is giving some random company their chequing
account numbers! I just went through something very similar. The bottom
line is the only way to get a cheap Mac is to steal it or buy an old
one.

This would work great for a PC, since there are endless variations and
suppliers for not only the components but for the finsihed products as
well. Since Apple guards every aspect of their products so closely...
it won't matter if you place an order for 10,000. Apple does not cut
deals.

Now does anyone have any suggestions about a good way to back up one's
machine? Other than painstakingly copying every thing onto cd's?

On Friday, March 14, 2003, at 12:53 AM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> No I didn't put up the money. I got to the send us your checking
> account numbers page and balked. And I also wondered why they don't
> take credit card numbers for VISA and Master Card.

> On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 06:36  PM, ShirleyK wrote:
>
>> So, did you put down your $250? We all want to know if you get a new
>> computer for half what we're paying. Who knows; you might, and then
>> they can use you as a reference.
>>
>> Shirley
>>

>> On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 01:28  PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:
>>
>>> I spoke with one of their 800 toll free sales persons this morning
>>> and I did not get the impression this is a rip off. He said they
>>> have sold dual 1.25 GHz Macs for as little as $1200 since December.
>>> What makes you so sure this is a pure rip off Chas. Do you know
>>> someone who has been ripped off by these guys? I don't know of any
>>> horror stories coming out yet. Do you?
>>>
>>> I asked him if Apple had a problem with them doing this and he said
>>> Apple had no problem with them.

> digest version.

> <http://www.macresq.com>

Matthew Guemple