FCP Chapters to iDVD3

sb videovideo at mac.com
Fri Mar 14 17:01:40 PST 2003

The trick is to make the markers correctly.

make sure no clips are highlighted
make the markers as sequence markers (not clip markers)
position the playhead (yellow triangle)
make the marker by pressing the M key
press the M key again to bring up the marker dialog box
Here you can name the marker and the name will carry over into iDVD
click on Chapter Marker
do NOT alter the code "[CHAPTER]"
If you do, it will take away the chapter marker

Export as a FCP movie either reference or self-contained and use the popup
to select DVD Studio Pro (even though you are using iDVD)

Now you can open up iDVD, pick your theme, and import or drop the movie onto
the drop zone.

sb