Backing up your machines

Tom Kirshbaum tom.kirshbaum at nau.edu
Sun Mar 16 00:24:36 PST 2003

> Now does anyone have any suggestions about a good way to back up one's
> machine?

The Retrospect products from Dantz have always been my favorites because of
their ability to make incremental backups which allow me to go back and pick
up a file from a day or a month ago, or to revert to an uncorrupted file or
app. Unfortunately, Dantz says Retrospect won't run on 10.2.3 or later. They
are working on a fix.

Meanwhile, consider Synchronize! Pro from qdea.com. It will make bootable
backups (on a HD), and backs up only files that have changed. Their tech
support is the best I've ever seen.

Tom