[MacDV] Off Topic... sort of > OSX/OS9 bootable machines

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Sat Mar 22 09:27:07 PST 2003

I think many of us have the same questions you do. When I get offline
here, I'm going to attempt to install FrameMaker on a new computer that
does not boot into 9. Some have said that you can install OS 9
applications in Classic, but I suspect this is going to work on some
and not others. If the installer program does not start up Classic, I
will start Classic myself and try again. If that doesn't work, I guess
I'm out of luck.

You can try asking each manufacturer, but I struck out finding
information online about FrameMaker. I meant to move to InDesign
anyway, but so far I haven't learned enough about it to feel confident
that I can switch yet (for a monthly newsletter). I'm keeping the old
machine until I can make the switch.

Shirley