[MacDV] Time Lapse Redux

Jack Jacklich drjack at betterendo.com
Sun Mar 23 17:05:39 PST 2003

At 10:47 AM -0600 3/22/03, William Hofius wrote:
>Last week I led a group of students on a Habitat for Humanity
>project. Over the course of the week, I took some video of the house
>being built. Same location each time. 5 minutes here, 10 minutes
>there. I was thinking that I could use this footage to put together
>a simple "time lapse effect."  My idea was to:
>
>1.) Import the footage into iMovie.
>2.) Highlight each clip and speed it up in iMovie.
>3.) Link the separate segments together with cross-dissolve transitions.
>4.) Export the iMovie back to DV tape.
>5.) Re-import the sped-up footage from tape.
>6.) Use iMovie to speed up the video.
>
>I would then repeat steps 5 & 6 until I had about 30 seconds to 1 minute clip.
>
>Would this work? Is there a better method for achieving the same effect.

How about this.

1. Import the movie into iMovie

2. Grab still images of as many frames as you want

3. Use QuickMovie to create a movie of stills using the images per
second setting or seconds per image, your choice.

4. Save as a Quick Time movie.

--

Dr. Jack Jacklich, 102 Western Court, Santa Cruz, CA  95060
Cell Phone and voice mail(831)901-0317 (831)426-1485 most of the time

Life May Have A Rear View Mirror But It Doesn't Have a Reverse Gear