analog

Louis Cornelio cornelio at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 23 21:17:28 PST 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 05:24:42 -0800MacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote
something like:

>If you already have the Superdrive iMac, then all you need is a way to
>convert your (presumably analog/VHS) tapes into digital format.
>
>There are several tools to help you do that, but all of them cost
>roughly $250-300 and up. The only way I know of to get around this is
>to find a digital video camera with a feature called "analog
>pass-through" and either buy it (for use in the future) or borrow it
>from someone.

here is another idea *if* you have an external firewire drive- get a mac
7500 for about $75. Its has AV & s-video in. Add a firewire card for $30.
Not capture stuff from your HS in your old Mac! In fact, I cant figure
why people spend lots more money when the asy way to do this....assuming
you have room for a spare convertor & an external drive.
cheers!