[MacDV] Re.Stupid Question

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 24 03:43:16 PST 2003

On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 04:49  PM, Ian Tucker wrote:

> On Sunday 23rd March Steve Robertson wrote:-
>
>> Even if your camcorder doesn't have the "pass thru" function, you can
>> still use it as an analog to digital converter.
>> Steve Robertson
>
> Could you elaborate on the connections to the VCR please Steve?

I only have experience with a Sony camcorder. It has a set of standard
RCA jacks- yellow for video, red and white for audio. If you have the
Sony camcorder connected to a tv using these jacks, they automatically
become output jacks. If you connect the Sony camcorder to the output of
a VCR using these jacks, they automatically become input jacks-
allowing you to use the camcorder's digital video recorder to make a
copy of any analog output. Don't know if Canon uses a similar scheme.

Steve Robertson