[MacDV] LaCie HD

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Mon Mar 24 22:16:54 PST 2003

Is it physically running slow? Does it sound funny? If yes...
I would back it up to another HD if you can... if not, I'd take it to
the shop while it's still running... sounds like it's dying...

If you mean it's responding slow, like software does try optimizing
it... defragmenting the files might speed things up.

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 11:46 PM, Spud0812 at aol.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>    Ive been working on ESL videos for work, using a Mac G4 and 2 LaCie
> Hard
> drives...one of the hard drives is running real slow and the following
> warning keeps popping on the screen:
> "The disk responded slowly. It may have been interrupted  by
> something, or it
> may not be fast enough for your movie. If you have alot of audio
> clips, you
> might try muting the audio tracks to see if it helps play back speed."
> Whats up with this? Is there something wrong with this hard drive,
> does it
> need optimizing? What do i do?
> Thanks!
> Vikki