iDVD ejects DVD tray

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Sat Mar 29 12:25:50 PST 2003

On 28th March Michael Winter wrote:-

> At the end of the burn, the DVD is ejected and I'm asked if I want to
> burn another one. The problem is that I want to do the burn overnight
> which means the drawer for the DVD drive is left hanging out for
> I-don't-know-how long. I really worry about this since I do have young
> children running around who are sometimes up before I am, and it just
> looks too easy for that tray to be broken while its hanging out there.
>
> So, is there a way to prevent the tray from coming out at the end of a
> burn?

Hi Mike,

I am not aware of a way to stop the tray from ejecting at the end of a
burn , but  I do not see it as a problem as I consider it prudent to
check on the burning process every now and then to make sure things are
going OK.      Time wise, I am finding it takes around 42 minutes to
burn 60 minutes of slide shows with accompanying music, but  I can't
speak for movies as I have not burnt one since upgrading with the iLife
package.

Enlarging on my first sentence,  since upgrading to iDVD3 I have found,
on several occasions, that a glitch occurs about 6 minutes into the
"preparation" process and I need to start again.   I may have found  an
answer to this , however,   by shifting the cursor off the "burn"
button after double clicking  the button to start the process.

In regard to Gerhard's comments , I am finding it takes 8 minutes to
burn subsequent  copies  of the same 60 minute DVD with my Pioneer 104
SuperDrive.

Ian Tucker