[MacDV] Grab stills from video

Jeff Smith jeff at thejeffzone.com
Sun Mar 30 15:11:27 PST 2003

I had to send photos for a magazine article and the only material that
was available for the subject of the article was on miniDV tape. I used
imageDV. ImageDV displays DV video as it plays from your camera or deck
through the firewire input. When you get to the material that you want,
you have the program capture a few second of the video (or as much as
you want or will fit on your hard drive) and then you can make stills
from any of the frames. I was able to get better stills that I could
using the "create still" option from iMovie because of the deinterlace
option of imageDV which improved some of the images.

ImageDV version 1.2 supports OSX and it is $30 shareware from
http://www.evological.com

-Jeff