[MacDV] Re: Final Cut Express Manual and Book

Jeff Carlson jeff at necoffee.com
Sun Mar 30 22:40:01 PST 2003

>I see it's QuickStart, and not Quick Pro. Anyway, I think the
>QuickPro guide to FCP is excellent as a comprehensive guide, and
>expect that your new one will be the same for FCE. FC is so

Yes, given the audience for FCE (either digital video beginners or
iMovie users who are looking for more), it was decided to create a
QuickStart instead of a QuickPro. As a result, the material is
arranged with a little more of the beginner/intermediate user in
mind. However, much of the material comes directly from Lisa's
FCP:QuickPro Guide (since FCE comes directly from FCP), so you can
expect the same level of detail. Personally, I think of it as a
QuickPro guide that the marketing folks determined should be a
QuickStart. :-)

>powerful though, which is why I think it pays to have two or three
>books serving different purposes. Which is why I like the QuickPro
>guide along side my copy of Beginner's Final Cut Pro.

I completely agree.
Jeff Carlson .................. http://jeffcarlson.com/blog/
Never Enough Coffee Creations...... http://www.necoffee.com/
Managing Editor, TidBITS...........  http://www.tidbits.com/
    Currently editing Final Cut Express: Visual QuickStart Guide
    and writing iMovie 3: Visual QuickStart Guide