DVD player/TV crops my DVD-R

James A. Murray jmurray at mail.uca.edu
Mon Mar 31 20:11:15 PST 2003

I just made my first DVD-R with iDVD.  I am using a TiBook running OS
10.2.1, and iDVD 3.  The disk came out fine, and on the first try,
burning to an Imation DVD-R (10 for $15 at OfficeDepot).

But I am having a couple of problems playing it on my Toshiba SD-3755 player.

1. It crops the image so much that it truncates the titles that I
added in the lower left corner of the iMovie.  [I did not have QT
margins clicked in iMovie 3, but this movie was originally edited in
iMovie 1, and has been moved to iMovie 2, and now to iMovie 3].

2. The player chokes at the same place in the credits each time, and
shuts the player off!

I have tried the disk on a different model Toshiba DVD player, and it
does not choke at the credits.  The cropping is still present, but to
a lesser extent, on the different model.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have re-rendered the movie,
but won't burn it again until I get some idea what went wrong the
first time.

thanks
jim