[MacDV] Re: Marbella Technologies New Major Discounter of New Macs

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Mon Mar 31 21:05:02 PST 2003

On 3/13/03 3:28 PM, "Thubten Kunga" <Kunga at FutureMedia.org> wrote:

> I spoke with one of their 800 toll free sales persons this morning and
> I did not get the impression this is a rip off.
>
> I asked him if Apple had a problem with them doing this and he said
> Apple had no problem with them.

That's a straight up *lie*.

Make note of the web address in the MacAddict ad -
http://www.applepurchaseprogram.com. Notice that, when you go to that URL,
it redirects to <http://www.purchaseprogram.com>. Also make note of the
"Apology" in the upper right hand corner:
"We wanted to consume a few lines on our new site and publicly apologize to
a certain hardware manufacturer (they know who they are) for using images of
your machines on our site. We assumed that images of the computers would be
allowed since everyone else was using them on other sites and hundreds of
auctions."

Apple Legal forced them to change their URL and to take down any and all
references to the company and its products.

Shawn King
Your Mac Life
http://www.yourmaclife.com