[MacDV] Re: OT: Basic multi-track audio?

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Sat May 3 23:36:41 PDT 2003

If Deck's too complex, I wouldn't recommend ProTools! (I use both, and
find Deck simpler....)

Anyway, both of these, and most other audio apps I've tried, seem more
geared to musicians. I do some radio, too, and I've found that video
editing apps work best for radio! I've used EditDV, but have recently
been doing audio only work in both FCP and Avid XDV. If you can mentally
block out the video related windows (source/record monitors, video
tracks, etc.,) building a radio program on the timeline's audio tracks
is pretty easy. Most current editing apps have the audio tools you need
for radio -- normalize, fade, compressor/limiter, etc. The video apps
also have better media management tools to keep track of all your clips,
etc.

My two cents...

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan