Can't Erase File - Help

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Mon May 5 14:44:40 PDT 2003

Via a newly purchased formatted hard drive, a pesky file called econ
technologies has now ended up in my G4 400 (system 9.04).  This G4 has
and will never be on the internet.  I think econ's an http reference
file (www.econtechnologies.com/.#1EAE) to a site which is no longer in
business.  Attempts to erase it by moving it into new folders (even
while holding down the option key) have cloned it to about 8 copies in
the trash bin.  I tried to get info on the file only to get
"The info window cannot be opened as it cannot be found."

Now everytime I empty the trash I get 8 reminder windows that the

The item
"www.econtechnologies.com/.#1EAE" could
not be deleted, because it cannot be found.
Do you want to continue?

This isn't affecting my system, but is there anyway to get rid of it?

Thanks
Lynn