DVD-R longevity

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Tue May 6 21:26:51 PDT 2003

Back in the winter there was a thread regarding concerns on the
longevity of DVD-R media.  I decided to put one in the glove
compartment of my car to give it a bit of a torture test.  I just saw
it on Sunday and took it in the house and it still plays fine.  It is
back in the car now and I will see what it will be like after the
summer.  One year in a car must be equal to a decade in a climate
controlled house.

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net

P.S. This is a cheap no name disk, I think Ritek manufactured it but I
am not sure since it has no label.