Re Western Digital hardrive Unsupported

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Thu May 8 05:44:53 PDT 2003

Ron

Thanks - I figured that might be the only option.

Bill

Thanks - So both your WD 120gb 8mb cache drives are recognized in drive
setup and system profile externally?  Which system(s) are you using?
Under 9.04 apparently this is not unusual.  However I was surprised
that 10.2.3 would not support it being initialized.

Kunga
I'll call western digital and see.

David
Thanks - but yes I've checked & double-checked the jumper settings both
inside the G4 and now in the external firewire.  The drive works in the
external - I just want to change it back to one partition.

Juan
Thanks its a 120GB with 8meg cache.

Thanks
Lynn

> In order to erase the three partitions it now has and turn it into one
> 120GB drive, is there other software I can use?

The easiest way it to put it back in the computer and format it.
Otherwise
you'll have to use 3rd party drivers and that could open a whole new
set of
problems.